Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jennifer Hudson Says I Remember Me Reflects 'Different Chapters'

'In 29 years, I've lived four different lives,' she tells MTV News about title of her just-released album.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Christina Garibaldi


Jennifer Hudson
Photo: MTV News

Jennifer Hudson is declaring I Remember Me on her new album, which drops this week. The album is the singer's follow-up to her lauded 2008 self-titled debut, but this time around Hudson's life is much different than it was three years ago.

Hudson has a fiancé, a son and several big-time awards under her belt, including Grammys and an Oscar. Hudson was also struck by tragedy in 2008, when her mom, brother and nephew were murdered by her sister's estranged husband. With all the accolades and changes in her life, Jennifer says she found the perfect title for her sophomore release.

"I decided to name the album I Remember Me 'cause I feel like, in 29 years, I've lived four different lives and there's nothing the same as it was 10 years ago for me today, and so that's where it came from."

Hudson hooked up with Ryan Tedder, Diane Warren, Alicia Keys and even R. Kelly, who was working behind the scenes on the diva's latest opus without her knowledge. And this album will reflect on both the good and the bad she's experienced so far.

"I feel like my life is different chapters of a book," she explained. "It's like, OK, what's going to happen in this next chapter or this chapter is completely different than the first one, so that's why [it's called I Remember Me]."

Hudson said that she's been through a kind of transformation, both emotionally and physically, and the new album is teaching her things about herself too.

"Oh my god! It's like a new me. It's like a new introduction of myself — for myself and to others as well — in every way, from image to music to everything," she said. "And it's like, in a way, for me I'm rediscovering myself at the same time. I like the old me too ... if I could just marry the two together, then I feel like I'm in good shape."

What do you think of J-Hud's new album? Share your reviews in the comments below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660380/jennifer-hudson-i-remember-me.jhtml

Haylie Duff Heidi Klum Heidi Montag Hilarie Burton Hilary Duff

No comments:

Post a Comment