Tuesday, March 15, 2011

'Breaking Dawn' Cast Evacuated Due To Tsunami Warnings In Canada

Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart are reportedly among the cast and crew forced to leave Vancouver Island.
By Jocelyn Vena


Robert Pattinson on the Vancouver set of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn"
Photo: Splash News Online

Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart, as well as the rest of the "Breaking Dawn" wolf pack cast and crew, have been evacuated from the set of the movie. The film, which is currently shooting in a Vancouver Island beach area in British Columbia, has been suspended for now due to tsunami advisories following the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that struck Japan early on Friday (March 11).

"Due to the tsunami advisory, filming of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn has been delayed," Summit Entertainment said in a statement to MTV News. "All cast and crew were evacuated to base camp. Everyone is safe and sound."

Tinsel Korey (who plays Emily, the girlfriend of wolf pack leader Sam), tweeted about the evacuation. "They're evacuating us 4 a tsumnani warning," she wrote. "If this this is my last my tweet. I love you. The end. Hugz. If this is the moment. Then I've lived a good life. And I'm thankful 4 everything I've been given. 1 love. I'm not trying 2 b dramatic!!! I'm just saying my peace. This is my truth right now. 1Love."

The news of the evacuation comes as more and more celebrities react to reports of the strongest recorded earthquake in Japan, which was followed by a tsunami. "Sending condolences to the people of Japan, particularly those who lost loved ones in the earthquake & tsunamis," President Obama, a Hawaii native, wrote. "U.S. stands ready to help."

Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659728/japan-earthquake-tsunami-warning-canada-breaking-dawn-set.jhtml

Marla Sokoloff Marley Shelton Mary Elizabeth Winstead Megan Ewing Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment